Posted by Dawn Bissonette on March 6, 2011 at 6:43 PM
We had a package of turkey sweet italian sausage in the freezer and some different bags of Europe's Best vegetable mixes and s I decided to make a nice soup for dinner.
I went searching for a recipe to start as my base and I made substitutions where I needed to and the end resul was this recipe:
- Fill pot with water.
- Add 2 cans of tomato paste.
- Add 1/2 cup of salsa.
- Add one bag of Europe's Best Nature's Balance vegetables (or veggies you prefer).
- Bring all to a boil...THEN...
- Cut sausage into medallions and brown in fry pan. Add to pot.
- Add one cup of uncooked pasta (elbows or shells).
- Cook till pasta softens. Serve.
Try it and let me know if it is something you liked!
I'm not a fan of either spinach or asparagus which are both in that bag of veggies but even I have to admit the soup is delicious and good for you!